Robots That Make the World a Smarter and Safer Place
National Robotics Week is upon us!The 8th annual event will be held April 8-16,2017 with four main goals:
- Celebrate the US as a leader in robotics technology development
- Educate the public about how robotics technology impacts society, both now and in the future
- Advocate for increased funding for robotics technology research and development
- Inspire students of all ages to pursue careers in robotics and other Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math-related fields
Here at LMGPR, we are privileged to work alongside two robotics companies that are making the world a smarter and safer place:UBTECH
UBTECH is introducing robotics and coding to the next generation of scientists, engineers and roboticists. The company’s Jimu Robot line is an interactive robotic building block system that lets kids 8-14 Build, Program and Share their robot creations. Jimu Robots were designed to enrich children’s lives and meet the needs of STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) curriculum, ultimately bridging the gap between learning and pure fun.
UBTECH has already teamed up with select schools in California to present a STEM-based curriculum that features hands-on robot building and programming workshops taught by Jimu masters. This program enhances STEM enthusiasm and interest, while instilling 21st century work skills. Watch this video to see the program in action.
Knightscope security robots combine hardware, software and human factors, providing a commanding–but friendly–physical security presence. These fully automated, autonomous data machines operate 24/7 and are outfitted with cutting-edge technology designed to protect people and property. Already deployed in California at malls, corporate campuses and data centers, and expanding across the country, Knightscope crime-fighting robots are living up to their name by helping take criminals off the streets including:
- Assisting law enforcement in issuing an arrest warrant for a sexual predator
- Assisting a security officer in apprehending a thief in a retail environment
- Assisting a corporation in tracking down a vandal
- Assisting a real estate owner in stopping a fraudulent insurance claim
- Assisting a healthcare organization in deterring vehicle break-ins
Robots continue to transform the world around us. We're excited about National Robotics Week and look forward to great things from UBTECH and Knightscope in 2017.