When I woke up this morning I realized that summer is rolling past us – quickly. In just over a month, school will be back in session and shortly thereafter it will begin to show signs of fall. In hopes of keeping summer here longer, I’ve put together a list of the top 10 summer activities in the Bay Area. Enjoy these last weeks of summer with your family and friends.
- Visit to the Beach – Of course I have to start the list off with a great weekend at the beach. Whether it’s Stinson, Baker or Santa Cruz, enjoy the sunshine and cold California water.
- San Francisco Giants baseball game – The Giants have been playing better than ever right now. Hit up the ballpark for a hot dog, cold beer and cheer on those Giants.
- Stay cool and see the latest summer blockbuster movies – In honor of our intern Tami, go and check out the new Harry Potter movie, “Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.” If you’re not a fan, check out any of the latest movies. But remember, popcorn is always a must.
- 95.7 The Wolf ‘Beach Ball for All’ – This Saturday, 7/18, San Francisco’s radio station, The Wolf, is hosting a Beach Ball Free For All Carnival, of country music, food, games and ridse. Come enjoy some good music and bring the whole family.
- Outside Lands 2009 – Last year’s event was a huge success and San Francisco is bring it back again – with bigger music stars. The concert is being held Friday – Sunday, 8/28-8/30 at Golden Gate Park.
- A Napa Valley wine tour – The weather is warm and sunny, the wine is chilled and a trip North is a great weekend getaway.
- NightLife at the Academy – Every Thursday the recently renovated, California Academy of Sciences, becomes filled with music, science, mingling and cocktails. Only the 21 and over can attend. But that’s not to say you can’t take the children during the day.
- Waterworld – I had to put it on the list. Who doesn’t like a trip in the lazy river when the sun is hot? Enjoy the park, the sunshine and remember to wear your sunscreen.
- Local Farmers Markets – Visit your local farmers markets for some of this season’s freshest fruits. Enjoy!
- Movie night – After the sun sets, host an outdoor movie theatre in your backyard for the neighbor kids. Popcorn, watermelon, sleeping bags and of course popsicles for dessert. Topic movie picks include: Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, Pirates of the Caribbean and The Wizard of Oz.
This is just my list of top 10. Do you have any fun summer outings to share? Let us know! Have fun!