In 2009 Ankeena Networks was a start-up in stealth-mode and in need of a PR program to introduce the company as a key player in a new emerging media infrastructure market and capture their vision of becoming the market leading provider of universal media delivery solutions. Ankeena’s well-seasoned executive team hailed from established players Yahoo!, Akamai and Citrix and was receiving a watchful eye from the venture capital community. The Loughlin/Michaels Group (LMGPR) was hired to launch Ankeena and the company’s new media infrastructure platform using the agency’s SysCom™ Approach.
LMGPR first evaluated the company’s Over the Horizon milestones and built an aggressive PR program that would quickly take the company to market affordably. The launch plan featured traditional and social media relations as well as an extensive speakers’ bureau program. Traditional and social media releases were leveraged to create buzz with key industry bloggers and influencers. A Social Media Communications plan was established as a key component of LMGPR’s SysCom™ approach and included the development of all of Ankeena’s social media pages. LMGPR managed all of Ankeena’s social media before, during and after the launch and these social media properties were a key component of the launch in order to create a viral following of the company and key industry issues.
LMGPR continued using the agency’s SysCom™ approach to provide Ankeena with a successful ongoing PR program; including utilizing the Narrative Story Engine. The Narrative Story Engine provided influential topics and discussions about the industry and were developed into abstracts and proactive pitch ideas for Ankeena. From the brainstorming sessions for the Narrative Story Engine, LMGPR was able to use these abstracts to submit Ankeena’s executive team for speaking opportunities. Building a speakers’ bureau program prior to the launch was instrumental in establishing company executives as thought-leaders in the media delivery industry. Through the Narrative Story Engine, LMGPR was able to secure an extensive amount of coverage opportunities in top technology trade outlets.
- During the company’s initial launch LMGPR secured over 25 press and analyst briefings.
- LMGPR secured 12,000 web hits and a total of 285 articles during the year they worked with Ankeena.
- The agency garnered dialog with key industry analyst including; Frost & Sullivan, The 451 Group, Parks Associates and Strategy Analytics.
- Key editorial placements included coverage in Contentinople, Converge! Network Digest, FierceOnlineVideo, Light Reading, Network World, NewTeeVee, Connected Planet, Vator.tv, VentureBeat and Xchange.
- LMGPR launched the company’s social media platforms and saw a 500% increase in following of Ankeena on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Ankeena was selected to speak at thirteen top industry shows including OTTcon, VidTrans10, Digital Hollywood at CES, NewTeeVee Live, RedHerring, TelcoTV, Digital Hollywood Spring 2009 and 2010, Digital Hollywood Fall 2009, NAB 2010 and Content Delivery Summit at Streaming Media East.
- LMGPR secured four industry awards including the Fierce15 List, Red Herring Finalist, 2010 Hot Company, and SM Europe Reader’s Choice Finalist.
- In building thought provoking dialog, LMGPR hosted an industry roundtable discussion at Streaming Media West with 16 top editors participating along with other video experts.
The successful launch helped position Ankeena as a leader in the market and gain valuable visibility. The consistent coverage and secured speaking engagements gained through the Loughlin/Michaels Group’s SysCom™ approach provided Ankeena with the opportunity to establish key technology partnerships with Juniper, Citrix, and the Platform. Ankeena was acquired by Juniper Networks for approximately $100 million in April of 2010; one year after the company’s launch.